Tuesday, March 21, 2017

We truly live in a "metric" system.....I am old enough that I remember ... pounds, ounces, cups, pints, quarts, and gallons....  and must admit that I refer to that measure more often....

My pharmacy tale from yesterday....... and NO   I did not flash my underwear this time!

Having learned from the last lot of Rx to be filled I wisely ordered the anti nausea meds ahead of time and had them at home and ready.... the injections had to be refilled, so I dropped them off on the way home and left.... (I don't need them till Wednesday)....

A couple of hours later I got a call from the pharmacist, female and sounded young

She needed to verify my weight, as the dosage is weight based... I replied  155.... there was a very long quiet pause.... then with a definite question in her voice she asked, " pounds"  I expect she was visualizing that number in kilos


No comments: