Sunday, November 21, 2010

I love reflections!


Here we are in the last part of November, the days certainly are much shorter, and colder We have all been around long enough to know what comes next in this part of the woods....

November sunsets are usually spectacular.... the only down side is that they happen too early in the afternoon. Most of us are still busy around 4:30 pm, and often by the time I look out the window and notice the fantastic color display, the light fades and I have missed another one.

Yesterday I was in Magog, a small city at end of our lake, as the sun was getting ready for one more slide behind the mountain. I was near Merrys Point ,and pulled in and parked the car. The wind was strong and cold, but the reflections of the sunset in the windows made it worth while.

The dancing shapes and colors lasted for several minutes...... and then as the last of the light faded there two "sunset tigers" peering out at me through the glass.

No comments: