Thursday, May 7, 2009

Bickering Swallows and Bad Quill Day




Tuesday morning I wandered around the Cherry River Marsh, looking for the Green Heron, it seems he only comes out by appointment, and I didn't have one..... I did see a couple of bickering swallows. They appeared to be arguing as to which one was going to fly away first..

Today, as I was driving toward Fitch Bay, in the rain, I came across the largest porcupine I have ever seen. He was in the middle of the road, and heading for the Narrows Hill.I parked the car, grabbed the camera and hurried after him. He did not move very quickly, and I could hear him huffing and puffing... He was not happy with me. I increased my speed, and got beside him and he moved over to the road side. I was able to get a side view shot. As the shots from behind will show, he was having a bad quill day. Maybe he was on the way to the hairdresser!

No comments: